Leaning and labeling the parts of a steam shovel (HSS) and FIAR Science Section 47
Introduction to Lapbooking and Notebooking
FIAR Social Section pg 43
FIAR pg 45
FIAR-BS pg 14
- Digger (MACHINES AT WORK
- Road Builders (Paperback)
- I Stink! (Paperback)
- Trashy Town (Hardcover) by Andrea Zimmerman
Fieldtrip or Outings
There is so much construction in our area we were able to visit several construction sights and take pictures of the machines doing there jobs. We are go back to three sites once a week to take pictures of their progress. So we get to see a building built from ground clearing to completion.
Fine Motor Activity
Using sand toys to dig a square “neat and clean” as Mike and Mary Anne. Drawing shapes in the sand with fingers and scooping with spoons.
Key Learnings (forgive the phrase it is a throw back from work)
- The music CD gave the experience a new dimension and prevented bored since we just read this book earlier in the year.
- The music CD was educational because it taught us about the parts of an orchestra.
- The theme song has become a household favorite.
- We also learned why the composer chose the certain instruments to convey specific feelings.
- Explored the concept of stewardship.
- TS found that he loved lapbooking and chose one to present at our Orators club.