Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Farewell Dear Laptop

My laptop is gone. Over. Terminado! A very pretty silver brick.

My very smart hubby saw the end coming and two weeks ago he purchased a back up hard drive. I of course was deep in denial because I was printing out homeschool lapbook material. "No, we are good. It can last a few more months."
I knew better but I just couldn't deal with another new "something". God love him, Hubby just smiled and backed up my computer without a word. I worked in the computer industry prior to this season of my life so I have been keeping the computer alive via "alternate" means. LOL

Well early this morning the screen remained dark. It's gone. And The Hubby couldn't resist " I told you so." Okay I will give him that one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your description, "a very pretty silver brick"!

My husband is in a similar state of denial, but it's not a laptop, it's our car! He thinks he can keep bringing it back to life, but I think it's time to let it go..

Belinda said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my "What My Children Teach Me" on HOTM this morning. Your saying that I'm a blessing to you blesses me in return (kinda confusing, but you get the picture, right? LOL)

Enjoy the day!