Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snowschooling Post Blizzards: President’s Day

Yesterday started out late after a late night of watching the Olympics. We had fun as a family watching the games. But we paid for in the morning, tired and lacking directions. That was completely my fault for not getting up and setting the tone for the day. But hey homeschooling is about whole family learning.

Also as we were suiting up for our nature walk it started to snow. Ironhide is so over snow at this point. Personally I am running out of snow related fun things to do in the lesson plans. We still have Texas roots which like to get out and run this time of year. I have fought the expensive of going to one of those inside playscapes but if it snows again tomorrow, it cannot be avoided. The young man needs to run.

Workbox

Monday

1

Magic School Bus Re Aloud-Cells

2

Listen and Learn-Positional Words

3

Read Aloud –Why President's Day

4

BrainPopJr. – Abraham Lincoln Movie

5

Craft- Make Lincoln's Log Cabin

6

FIAR-Owl Moon

Social Studies-Family

7

Jump Around

8

FIAR-Owl Moon

Science-Owl Games

9

Co-Op Homework-Review-Water Cycle

10

FIAR-Owl Moon

Dramatization of Book

11

 

12


 

2 comments:

Erin J said...

Congradulations I gave you a Blog Award. Got to my page to find out more about it. www.welltrainedhomeschool.blogspot.com

legendswife said...

Ahh...I so feel you. I had a Curious George lesson plan for my boys and at the end of the lesson they were allowed to invite some friends over (6 boys, plus my two totaled to 8)for a Curiosity Day. We had our party last week and it was a blast. Maybe you guys can play red-light, green-light?