The real answer is with Grace of God with a healthy dose of constant prayer and support from family and friends. What that looked like daily is still to fresh and raw for me to get into right now. I have not blogged steadily for months now because I was faced with one of the biggest challenges of my adult life. In the last six months I have completed the following:
- Packed up my spouse to live 1500 miles away
- Homeschooled as a single parent
- Suffered from stomach virus with kid (oh ..that is a story)
- Decluttered and staged our primary residence for sale in a slow market
- Sold said home in under 14 days!!!!!!
- Nurtured my son through the turmoil of moving and missing his father
- Dealt with less than honest contractors
- Uprooted my son from everything and everyone he knows to a new face pace environment
- Had one ER visit because of stress attack
- Learned that another close family member is living through a life threatening disease
- DS graduated from Kindergarten
- Prayed with five friends who have lost jobs, homes and businesses
- Moved the entire family from Central Texas to Washington DC metro
- Moved into a new home, with a new climate
Bless the military moms who do this every day with multiple kids because there were days when I didn't know if I could take just one more thing. I wasn't my best a lot of days because I don't ask for help like I should. There are days when I wasn't the best mom or wife, sometimes I yelled or cried or both. Some days I could not see beyond the next thing to do on the very long and every growing "To Do" list. There were days when the look on my child's face …begging me to spend some time with him cut my soul, but I had to get things done for all of us. But God sent his angels and his grace.
People just helped where they could. Packed boxes, came over and played with ds or just listened to me on the phone. Through it all I learned to praise God and understand that I can't do it all, that's His job. I learned a lot about myself and a lot about what is important. In the coming months I will share some of that but right now we are just enjoying life as a family.
So you are now all caught up. Just in time to start planning for the next school year.